Monday, February 16, 2015

Make-up starter kit



Hello All,

For those who are fairly new to make-up it can be quite a daunting experience, there are so many products out there and it is difficult to know what to use and how to use it. I would suggest that the best thing to do is purchase simple products that are easy to apply and create effortless, minimal makeup - we don't want to be looking like drag queens.

Bourjois CC 1,2,3

I chose this as a based because it is lightweight but provides a decent amount of coverage and really evens out the skin tone. It is easy to apply and can be applied with fingers if you don't want to pay out for brushes.

Kick Ass Concealer

This is a multi-tasking wonder product. There is a heavy duty yellow toned concealer for spots and a lighter pink toned shade for under eyes, then to top it all off there is a setting powder hidden in there too!

Healthy Balance Powder

Powder is not always an essential for everyone, those with drier skin may not need it, but for the oiler gals it is an essential. I find that I need a powder with the Bourjois CC cream as it is verging on the sweaty side of the scale. I recently bought this powder and it has been fab, its light, no caking in sight and doesn't add any further coverage to the skin.



Soap and Glory Solar Powder

I love to look a little bronzed and I really do think this bronzer is absolutely fab. It provides a good amount of bronze without being too orange or too grey and also doesn't have any shimmer in it.

Sleek Blusher - Rose Gold

When I first started out with make-up I never really wore blusher but this is simply beautiful, it is subtle (fine for the heavy handed among us) and it gives a really lift to the face.

L'oreal brow artist plumper

Brows are a difficult one to deal with and even more so as a beginner. This product is a brow gel so will keep those pesky hairs in place but it also contains fibers to make the brows look fuller and more even. It is far easier that trying to fill them in with a powder or pencil.

Lash Potion Revlon

Mascara is an essential but something I feel is quite personal, different mascaras work for different people and I am not particularly loyal to any one in particular, but this is my second tube of the stuff so it must be doing something right.


MUA palette - Undress Me Too

When starting out eyeshadows can be a difficult one to conquer, I still don't really know what I am doing now! The first palette I ever bought was this one from MUA, there are an absolute steal at around the £4 mark and for the price they are decent eyeshadows. There is a good range of shades in here so you can create daytime or evening looks from this.

Revlon Lip Butters

There are so many lip products on the market and I would say they are the fun part. For a beginner though there is no need to go out and by every bold lip out there or something which is extremely high maintenance which is why I suggest these. They are sheer, hydrating lipsticks that are fuss free but add a little something.





Real Techniques Brushes


For me the one thing that really changed my make-up was brushes. I never knew how different make-up could look if applied with the correct tool. Pretty much all of my brushes are Real Techniques, they are an amazing product at an amazing price and give you everything you need as a beginner. I suggest the core collection and the eye brush collection to start as then you have all the basic brushes you need. I don't think I could live without my buffing brush.





So here is the final result...I think it is pretty but also fairly minimal. Let me know what you think of the look!


Until next time,

RebeccaAnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment