Thursday, January 16, 2014

Battle of the Foundations


Hello All, 

These foundations are both drugstore and both around the same price, so I thought I would review and compare them to make it easier for you guys to make a choice if you are on the hunt for a new foundation.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - £10.99 



 I only bought this foundation recently, but it seems to be a product that virtually every beauty blogger  has and raves about so I thought I would give it a go. Admittedly the shade range is limited but for me this wasn't really an issue, although if you are particularly pale or dark skinned this could be an issue. I really like the feel of this; it glides over the skin beautifully and is buildable. It claims to be light coverage but I would say its more medium, which I like about it. Smells delicious too!!

No.7 Stay Perfect Foundation - £14


What drew me to this foundation was the colour match service that no.7 provide. They basically have a little machine which takes a picture of your skin to tell you which shade is right for you (pretty cool right?). I was told I was the shade deeply ivory and it is a good match, the only issue is that its quite pink. I have a red skintone as it is so yellow based foundations are best for me. Their shade range is one of the best for a drugstore foundation. This is a little fuller coverage than the healthy mix serum and does have good staying power.

Top swatch - Stay Perfect
Bottom swatch - Healthy Mix Serum

Overall I would say my personal preference is the Healthy Mix Serum. I think this is an absolutely beautiful foundation and I have really enjoyed using it. It gives just enough glow without making me look shiny and gives good amount of coverage.

I hope this was helpful,

Until next time,

RebeccaAnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment